I post music videos of extraordinary quality. Once a month or so, I post a collection of downloadable mp3s that will melt your face. sendspace does not keep the links around for long. if you want a mix from the archives, drop me a comment or email. For a list of all the archived mixes, go here http://booyamix.blogspot.com/search/label/mix

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

James Kochalka Superstar - Spread Your Evil Wings And Fl



When I was first introduced to James Kochalkas' work I didn't get it. His comics seemed dumb and his music? Huh? What was this crap. But that changed pretty quickly. His comics (http://americanelf.com) are some of the most heartfelt, funny, strange, and engaging comics since Peanuts (seriously!).

His music? While it's not for everyone, it is catchy, strange, and fun. I listened to a lot of his weirder stuff back when I was still in college in Boston. I decided that any girl worth dating had to be James Kochalka fans. After months of being alone, I gave up that rule. But it was a nice effort on my behalf.

This video is haunting but bouncy. And it was made exclusively on a Game Boy camera. Spread Your Evil Wings and Fly, truly!

No comments:

Post a Comment