I post music videos of extraordinary quality. Once a month or so, I post a collection of downloadable mp3s that will melt your face. sendspace does not keep the links around for long. if you want a mix from the archives, drop me a comment or email. For a list of all the archived mixes, go here http://booyamix.blogspot.com/search/label/mix

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Naked City - Thrash Jazz Assassin



When I was in elementary school, I chose to learn how to play the saxophone. Now, the reason I did this was because I wanted to be in a rock band when I got older and better. I don't know HOW I thought the saxophone was the one instrument that was the most likely to be needed for a rock band but... anyways.

Years later I discovered John Zorn, and this outfit in particular: Naked City. One minute songs with as many genres jammed in as possible. Nearly technically flawless. Fun and crazy and without a doubt rocking.

I think this is what I was imagining when I was a 5th grader trying to decide between the dumb old trumpet or THE SAXOPHONE!!! Keep an eye out for more Zorn on this blog, but this clip is short and sweet and not... too crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment